Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Together Forever

Today I had a great experience with a co-worker. This experience came after I read and pondered over a talk given by Jeffery R. Holland called "We are Enlisted." In that talk, which I recommend reading, Elder Holland challenges us to be more bold, more courageous, and more devoted to the gospel. He dares us to live at a higher standard of morality and, if need be, repent of past mistakes and sins. We must devote ourselves to the Lord if we truly wish to do the Lord's work or live worthy of His support. There can be no fence-sitters. We can't play for both sides, Christ or Satan, and expect to bring others to righteousness.

After pondering this, I knew that I have not been vocal enough. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all of my heart, so why should I hold back when an opportunity presents itself? Or better yet, why don't I seek for these opportunities?

So with these thoughts spinning in my mind, I saw an opportunity with a good friend. This friend is a single parent with a 2 year old little boy and she frequently speaks of him with just as much love and fondness as any mother would. Knowing of this love, I felt that she should know of the great blessings that the temple of God brings. I told her that I would soon be attending the temple to partake in a very special and sacred ceremony that members of our church can experience. I clearly relayed at how special this ceremony would mean to me since it would be my first time. I then bore my testimony and shared my gratitude of the blessings that come from the temple. Namely, the sealing of families for time and eternity.

This is a precious truth that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings to the world. With the authority to act in the name of Jesus Christ, we can seal husband and wife together for eternity, not just til death. We can seal families together forever so that these precious relationships can be perpetuated beyond the grave. I know this blessing is real and I am eternally grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment