Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reporting Day

It is here.

After getting my mission call on July 13, my October 10 report date has arrived. The speed in which this day arrived is surreal. But more than that, is all that has been accomplished in between those two dates as well. While speaking with a respected leader, I commented that preparing for an LDS mission has been the hardest thing I've ever embarked to do. Well, now that phase of my life is all but over. While there will be some preparation that continues throughout the mission, the more part of that is over. Now I am actually doing it.

Mom, Ashley, and I spent the last 5 days in Salt Lake City, Utah. During our stay, we attended 3 sessions of General Conference in the Conference Center, visited with some old missionaries, bought winter clothes, and enjoyed the view of the mountains. I have been to Salt Lake City three times and each time I come, I love it. It's a great atmosphere.

Tomorrow morning I will wake up, get ready and dressed in my suit, put on my backpack, and drive to the MTC in Provo, Utah. I will begin my two year labor of love for the people of Ukraine. I cannot think of anything that will test me, try my faith, or strain my body more than this. However, I cannot think of anything that will show my love for Jesus Christ more than this. I look forward to the experiences I will have in the times ahead with great anxiety yet great excitement.



God bless you all
-Elder Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Jordan,

    I love you. I am so happy you are serving a mission for the Lord. He is blessed to have you service Him. I miss you terribly (it's weird to be using your bathroom and not sharing with Mom anymore), but that longing to see your face again is overshadowed by my enthusiasm to hear your experiences over the next two years. Serve smart. Be obedient with exactness. And return with honor. HOORAY FOR ISRAEL!!!

    ReplyDelete